Particularly for larger sites and for sites with many editors and contributors activity logging of your WordPress site is crucial.
Activity logs keep tracks of everything that happens to your site and provide detailed information for each event like a timestamp and the user who initiated the event.
The kind of information and events you want a log for are typically including:
- Login attempts by registered site users
- Published or updated posts and pages
- Comment submission and management activity
- Plugin installations, updates, and removals
- Theme installations, updates, and deletions
- Settings and options modifications
Jetpack’s activity log is available starting from the free plan with additional features for paid plans.